October 23, 2014

ADVANCED PHOTOSHOP INTERVIEW


I have a 5 page spread in the latest issue of Advanced Photoshop Magazine (#127). The article is a "Portfolio Interview" and features a mix of personal work from my Entartete Kunst Series and a handful of freelance illustration pieces. The accompanying interview covers topics from how I got into concept art to the publication of my art book, Born In Concrete: The EK Series. 


Unfortunately, even though my job as a concept artist is central to the interview/feature (titled "Masterful Concepts"), the article is almost completely devoid of my concept work. It is next to impossible to obtain image publishing permissions from big companies like Nintendo, Microsoft, Sega, etc., so only one character design concept illustration is included in the whole piece. That being said, the feature turned out well (Even though for some reason they classify me as an animator, and say that I work in the film industry?), and hopefully gives insight into my work, inspirations, etc.




This issue also features great work by Paul Scott Canavan, Jedd Chevrier and a host of others.

Big thanks to Anna-lisa Saywell and April Madden at Advanced Photoshop for the interest and the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment