April 13, 2009

DICTA 1 & 2


Here are few screenprints that I created over the weekend. I used to screenprint in high school, and my friend Nigel and I had small t-shirt business back in the mid 90's, so it has been awhile to say the least. But it was a lot of fun and also quite frustrating at times since there is no undo button.


I screened acrylic onto digital prints of a pattern that I created in photoshop. I've included the original designs used to burn the screens.


The slogans come from original Entartete Kunst exhibit (Munich 1937), and speak to the discriminating judgments cast against that which we fear, or don't understand.

3 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogosphere! just wanted to send my happy thoughts to you for your show tonight since i can't be there in person. as always, your work is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! Love your designs. If you have a show in Vancouver lemme know and I'll go!

    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get it......and I'm afraid!

    Great work, Derek! I linked this blog to the alumni blog at Cap....talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete